Photoelectric phenomena and metastable states in amorphous
Members of the group:
The research is mainly devoted to the problems of generation, recombination
and trapping of nonequilibrium carriers in amorphous hydrogenated
semiconductors (a-Si:H, a-Ge:H, a-SiGe:H) and generation and relaxation of
metastable states in these materials.
Systematic studies of conductivity, photoconductivity and optical absorption
in doped and undoped a-Si:H enable to understand the main recombination
mechanisms of nonequilibrium carriers in a-Si:H and the influence of the
temperature and doping on these processes, including thermal quenching of
Light-induced metastable states in undoped, doped and compensated a-Si:H
films were studied in a wide temperature range. The experiments have shown
that impurities, defect-impurity complexes and hydrogen determine the
temperature-dependent light-induced processes, which take place in a-Si:H.
- I.A. Kurova and D.A. Mochalova. Metastable states in boron-doped a-Si:H
films. Sov. Phys. Semiconductors 24, 193 (1990).
- A.G. Kazanskii. Staebler-Wronski effect in phosphorous-doped hydrogenated
amorphous silicon. Sov. Phys. Semiconductors 24, 915 (1990).
- A.G. Kazanskii, I.V. Klimashin and S.V. Kuznetsov. Characteristics of the
temperature dependence of the photoconductivity of a-Si:H, doped lightly with
boron. Sov. Phys. Semiconductors 24, 1016 (1990).
- I.P. Zvyagin, I.A. Kurova, N.V. Meleshko and N.N. Ormont. The mechanisms
of formation of photoinduced defects in undoped a-Si:H films.
Sov. Phys. Semiconductors 24, 1078 (1990).
- I.P. Zvyagin, I.A. Kurova, N.V. Meleshko and N.N. Ormont. Saturation of
the photoconductivity and characteristics of annihilation of photostimulated
defects in undoped a-Si:H. Sov. Phys. Semiconductors 24, 1238 (1990).
- A.G. Kazanskii and S.V. Kuznetsov. Temperature dependence of the
photoconductivity in p-type a-Si:H. Phys. Status Solidi (b) 168, K19
- A.G. Kazanskii. Staebler-Wronski effect in amorphous hydrogenated p-type
silicon films. Moscow University Physics Bulletin 47, 65 (1992).
- I.P. Zvyagin, I.A. Kurova and N.N. Ormont. On the nature of photo-induced
defects and recombination mechanisms in light-soaked a-Si:H films.
J.Non-Cryst.Solids 164-166, 631 (1993).
- I.P. Zvyagin, I.A. Kurova and N.N. Ormont. Nature of photoinduced defects
in hydrogenated amorphous silicon. Semiconductors 27, 942 (1993).
- A.G. Kazanskii and D.G. Yarkin. Influence of the dopant concentration and
temperature on the Staebler-Wronski effect in phosphorus-doped a-Si:H films.
Semiconductors 27, 935 (1993).
- I.A. Kurova, A.N. Lupacheva, N.V. Meleshko, N.N. Ormont and L.P. Avakyants.
Electrical properties of a-Si:H(B) films subjected to intense light pulses.
Semiconductors 28, 72 (1994).
- I.A. Kurova, A.N. Lupacheva, N.V. Meleshko and E.V. Larina. Effect of
annealing on the photoelectric properties of boron-doped a-Si:H films.
Semiconductors 28, 628 (1994).
- A.G. Kazanskii, Mao Yi and Kong Guanglin. On the dangling-bond relaxation
problem in hydrogenated amorphous silicon. Solid State Communication
91, 447 (1994).
- I.A. Kurova, O.N. Miroshnik and N.N. Ormont. Effect of high-temperature
annealing on the electrical and photoelectric properties of compensated
a-Si:H films containing boron and fluorine. Semiconductors 30, 391
- A.G. Kazanskii, I.A. Kurova, I.P. Zvyagin and D.G. Yarkin.
Non-monotone kinetics of persistent
photoconductivity in compensated a-Si:H films.
J.Non-Cryst.Solids 198-200, 470 (1996).
Physics of Semiconductors division